Vision and Values
We are a group of Christians who have been led by God to start a church in Chester. Our desire is for God to be made known in the city of Chester and beyond, as we seek to reflect the love of God in every part of our lives.
In all that we do our aim is that,
• God be known, loved, worshipped and enjoyed.
• members be encouraged, equipped and empowered, walking in the freedom of His Spirit, knowing Him intimately and expressing His life.
• the community in which we live be impacted by His Spirit as He works in and through us.
Our desire is to be a church which,
• is bible-based and gospel-centred, and where the bibles authority is final.
• is a community which worships God enthusiastically with our lives in joyful liberty.
• meets together to enjoy God and encourages genuine freedom for all, and to use spiritual gifts.
• is dependent on the Holy Spirit, trusting Him; gladly and humbly submitting to His will.
• teaches its members who they are in Christ, being assured of their salvation and understanding how to live by grace through faith in the full benefits of being in union with Christ.
• promotes the importance of biblical family life, teaching godly parenting and the complementary roles of husband and wife, whilst embracing the unique advantages and opportunities afforded by singleness.
• is a community which values each individual, meeting publicly and from house to house, encouraging, discipling and providing the means by which they can fulfil their God-given role.
• is committed to having excellent relationships with other churches in the community.
• is a church in the community, actively loving the community.